Central Nippon Expressway Group Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
Deeply rooted in people's lives, expressways are an important social infrastructure that contribute to the development of Japanese culture and industry for years to come. We will live up to our mission of contributing to the development of the national economy and the improvement of people's lives through our initiatives in various businesses including the expressway business. Through the fulfillment of our social responsibility as good corporate citizens in all aspects of society, the economy, and the environment, we will always work in harmony with society, and hope to be an organization that can be depended on by society.
Recognizing that it is fundamental for each of us to act based on high principles and standards, we hereby establish the “Central Nippon Expressway Group Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct” as a guideline that all officers and employees should practice in various aspects.
- In addition to complying with laws and social rules, establish a higher level of ethical standards and always act on the basis of fairness, impartiality and integrity
- We will comply with laws and social rules, and we will never act in a way that violates such laws and rules.
- In light of the public nature of our business, we will always act on the basis of fairness, impartiality and integrity.
- We will constantly strive to raise awareness with the goal of establishing a higher level of ethics.
Relationship with our Customers
- (Stance toward our customers)
- We will conduct business that places customers' safety first as well as get to know them better to meet their expectations.
- We place our customers' safety first, think about what they expect, and conduct business where they can experience the basis of our service “safety, comfort, and convenience."
- Through our business, we will actively communicate with various people in society including customers, local residents, and business partners.
- We always listen to customer feedback and respond quickly and accurately.
- We will strive to provide good road maintenance, promote traffic safety measures, and provide customers with accurate road information.
- (Protection of personal information)
- Recognize the importance of protecting personal information and handle personal information carefully and appropriately.
- Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information, we will handle personal information carefully and properly so as not to infringe on the rights and interests of individuals.
- We will thoroughly conduct the safe management of information to prevent the leakage or loss of personal information.
- (Securing fair transactions)
- We will always strive to ensure fair transactions based on sound relationships with our business partners.
- We always conduct transactions in accordance with fair and transparent procedures.
- We will not have unhealthy relationships with business partners, such as using our business position to make private gains.
- (Improving corporate value)
- Strive to improve corporate value on the basis of clear management responsibility
- Under clear management responsibility, we will strive to improve corporate value through initiatives such as strengthening our financial structure through business improvements, developing new businesses, and improving credit.
Relationship with Society
- (Contribution to society)
- Contribute to the development of local and international communities, and conduct people-friendly business
- We will contribute to the development of local communities by collaborating further with them while conducting business that is closely linked to the lives of local people.
- In our business activities overseas, we will contribute to the development of international communities through the utilization of the technology and know-how we have cultivated thus far, and through exchanges of human resources, technical cooperation and others while respecting local cultures and customs.
- We will conduct business that is people-friendly and considerate toward the elderly and the physically disabled.
- (Environmental conservation)
- Conduct business that is environmentally friendly
- In order to reduce the environmental impact of our business, we will endeavor to save and reuse resources, and curb the generation of waste.
- We will conduct business that is conscious of the preservation of local biodiversity and the maintenance of a healthy ecosystem.
- (Disclosure of information)
- Enhance business transparency by proactively disclosing corporate information
- We will actively disclose adequate corporate information to enhance business transparency.
- (Relationship with politics and government)
- Maintain a normal and sound relationship with politics and government
- We will maintain a normal and sound relationship with politics and government.
- We will take a firm stance against unfair interventions in our business.
- (Stance against anti-social forces, etc.)
- Take a firm stance against anti-social forces and organizations that threaten civil society
- We will take a firm stance against anti-social forces and organizations that threaten social order, and will never form nor foster relationships with any such organization.
- We will take a firm stance against expressway users who do not follow the rules.
The Ideal Workplace
- (The ideal workplace)
- Promote the formation of a gender-equal society, and foster a corporate culture based on a safe and comfortable working environment where people can get job satisfaction.
- We will promote the formation of a gender-equal society that respects the human rights, diversity, character, and individuality of each person, and will not discriminate or harass them based on gender, age, or physical disabilities. We will strive to maintain a work environment that does not tolerate such discrimination or harassment.
- We will strive to maintain a safe and hygienic work environment.
- We, as professionals, will foster a corporate culture where we can boldly take on new challenges and can get job satisfaction.
Maintenance of Road Assets, etc.
- (Maintenance of road assets, etc.)
- Strive for the good management and operation of expressways which are an important social infrastructure, appropriately manage the company's tangible and intangible assets, and improve their value
- We will strive for the good management and operation of expressways which are an important social infrastructure in developing the national economy and in improving people's lives, and pass these expressways on to the next generation.
- We will appropriately manage the company's tangible and intangible assets, including the company brand and intellectual property, and strive to increase their value.
Role of the CEO
- (Role of the CEO)
- As part of their role, the CEO of the Central Nippon Expressway Group will take the lead in setting a good example in the spirit of this code; fully instill an understanding of this code within the Group; and establish an effective internal system for this purpose.
- When a situation that violates this code occurs, the CEO will solve the problem; investigate the cause and work toward preventing its recurrence; and be held accountable.