Japan has four distinct seasons and is blessed with a rich natural environment rich in topographical changes and a wide variety of animals and plants.
NEXCO CENTRAL In addition to ensuring the safety of customers traveling, we are striving to preserve the natural environment by working to create eco-roads (a road that takes the environment into consideration) in consideration of biodiversity.
- Shin-Meishin Expwy is, of March 2019 Shin-Yokkaichi JCT ~Kameyamanishi JCT by the opening, from Shizuoka Prefecture to Shiga Prefecture, "Shin-Tomei Expressway double network of-Tomei", "Tomei-Meishin" was formed. Shin-Meishin Expwy has taken various measures in consideration of biodiversity in its construction in order to pass through areas rich in nature. Here is an example of that approach.
- See details (2.41MB )
Chubu Odan Expressway
- Chubu-OdanExpwy will be opened sequentially from 2002. With the opening of the Shin-Shimizu JCT-Tomizawa IC in March 2019, Yamanashi Prefecture will be connected to Shin-Tomei Expressway-Tomei and Tomei for the first time by a high-speed network. Chubu-OdanExpwy has taken various measures in consideration of biodiversity during construction in order to pass through areas rich in nature. Here is an example of that approach.
- See details (2.4MB )
- The first Expressway in Japan, the Meishin Expwy, celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2015. The greening of the Expressway has started with Meishin, has accumulated history, and has led to consideration for current biodiversity. Here are some of the history and initiatives.
- See details (2.95MB )
Shin-Tomei Expressway[Aichi Prefecture]
- Shin-Tomei Expwy's HamamatsuInasa JCT to Toyota-higashi JCT have been conducting a variety of biodiversity-friendly initiatives in their construction to pass through rich natural areas. Here is an example of that approach.
- See details (3.28MB) )
- Tokai-Kanjo Expressway carried out various initiatives in consideration of biodiversity in order to pass through the area rich in the natural environment of the Tokai region. Here are some of the initiatives.
- See details (2.29MB)
Higashi-Meihan Expressway Ise Road, Michi Kisei, Shin-Meishin Expressway
- Ise-do and Shin-Meishin Expressway have been engaged in various biodiversity-related initiatives for many years to pass through rich natural areas such as Ise-Shima National Park and Suzuka Fixed Park. Here are some of the initiatives.
- See details (1.92MB)
- Chuo Expressway Expressway has been monitoring various biodiversity initiatives for many years, as it passes through areas rich in natural environment, such as the foothills of the Japanese Alps and mountainous areas. Here are some of the initiatives.
- See details (2.37MB)
- Maizuru-Wakasa Expressway has been engaged in various biodiversity initiatives for many years to pass through the nature-rich area adjacent to the Wakasa Bay Quasi-National Park, including Lake Mikata. Here are some of the initiatives.
- See details (1.56MB)
- Ken-O Road Has been making various efforts in consideration of biodiversity for many years in order to pass through the rich natural areas adjacent to Mt. Takao and the Sagami River. Here are some of the efforts.
- See details (2.19MB)
- Shin-Tomei Expressway The distance between Gotemba JCT and Mikkabi JCT is a long distance of 162 km, passing through the nature-rich area of Shizuoka Prefecture. We have been studying for a long time and developing new construction methods to reduce the environmental burden, with the desire to preserve and utilize the precious natural environment as much as possible. Here are some of the initiatives.
- See details (2.85MB )
Expressway Is now the home of the heron
- Every spring, Expressway A heron arrives at the interchange of nowhere, grows chicks in the loop and on the roadside trees, and then leaves with a young bird in the fall.
"Expressway Introduces the reason why the heron has become a habitat for herons.
- See details (23.9MB)