Fire occurs in the tunnel!
If a fire breaks out in the tunnel
If you find a fire in the tunnel, please report it using a reporting device or an emergency telephone, and extinguish the fire as soon as possible.
(1) Please report by push button type report device or emergency telephone.
In the tunnel, Push-button notification device (every 50m), emergency call (every 200m) Is installed. The push button type alarm device will automatically report a fire when pressed until the lamp is turned on.
Flow after report
(2) Try to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Two fire extinguishers are installed at 50m intervals.
Fire extinguishers are most effective for initial firefighting of oils.
Fire extinguisher instructions
- (1) Open the box door and take out the fire extinguisher.
- (2) Remove the fire extinguisher hose.
- (3) Pull out the lever safety pin.
- (4) Depress the lever. Powder extinguisher erupts for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- (5) Hold the hose straight and spray the fire extinguisher directly onto the fire source.
(3) In a tunnel where a fire hydrant is installed, try to extinguish the fire using a fire hydrant.
(1) Pull the handle of the box toward you and open the door.
(2) Remove the fire extinguishing nozzle from the stopper and hold it in your hand.
- (3) Tilt the red lever to the front and hold the nozzle firmly with both hands.
- (4) When water comes out, pull out the hose.
(4) If the fire Large and becomes uncontrollable, evacuate immediately.
Information and instructions will be flown through the speakers and radio rebroadcasts in the tunnel, so please stay calm and act accordingly. Also, the smoke drops when the temperature drops. Check the direction of the emergency exit by watching the flow of smoke so that it is not covered by smoke.
Evacuation method in case of vehicle fire in tunnel (video)
This video will show you how to evacuate when you encounter a vehicle fire in a tunnel.
* In the event of a vehicle fire in the tunnel, never enter the tunnel.
* In the event of a vehicle fire in the tunnel, general vehicles are prohibited from entering the tunnel. However, emergency vehicles may pass through the tunnel.
We may move abandoned vehicles to ensure that emergency vehicles pass.
When leaving your car to evacuate in case of a disaster, move the car to the left, set the handbrake, stop the engine and lock the key, and do not lock the door.
In the event of partial amendment of the Basic Law on Disaster Countermeasures that was enforced on November 21, 2014, if a large-scale disaster such as an earthquake directly under the Tokyo Metropolitan Area or heavy snowfall would hinder the passage of emergency traffic vehicles, abandoned vehicles and stuck vehicles will be Road managers can now take actions such as moving.
Response to vehicle fire in tunnel (video)
Introducing how to deal with vehicle fires in tunnels with videos.